Sun, Wind, & Water: The Essential Guide to the Energy-Efficient Cruising Boat
JUST RELEASED SEPTEMBER 2016
ALL NEW BOOK ON ENERGY-EFFICIENT YACHTING AND WORLD CRUISING…
A successful ocean passage on a small to midsize sailing vessel means keeping things as simple as possible. Sun, Wind, and Water: The Essential Guide to the Energy-Efficient Cruising Boat gives you the most detailed, up-to-date advice on how to prepare your boat for an ocean crossing while at the same time saving money and ensuring a smaller footprint on Mother Nature. Circumnavigator-author Bill Morris describes in detail the best options for reducing dependence on fossil fuels, minimizing battery usage, and enjoying a comfortable lifestyle on the water. He presents an array of electrical charging systems, power-saving electrical fixtures, and manual devices aimed at saving money on fuel, along with pointers on installation and maintenance.
This practical guide covers:
• The development of an energy-saving plan for your boat
• Battery technology and hydrogen fuel cells
• Charging batteries from sun, wind, and water power
• Battery charge control systems
• Effective refrigeration options for the tropics
• Autopilots and windvane self-steering
• Energy-saving systems on three successful blue water vessels
• And much, much more
Bill Morris, author of The Windvane Self-Steering Handbook and a frequent contributor to Ocean Navigator Magazine, currently cruises the Channel Islands of Southern California on the 1966 Cal 30 Saltaire as he prepares for his next offshore adventure.